We are saddened to announce that Dan Koshak has passed on. Our condolences go out to the entire family. We wish them comfort in the days ahead. Funeral plans are pending. For more information call Rabbi Liebowitz.
Let’s Be Doers by “Caring for God’s Creation”
Spartanburg Green Congregations is pleased to present an evening with Newt Hardie and The Trees Coalition
February 2nd, 7:00 PM at Central Methodist
The Trees Coalition is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit group located in Spartanburg, South Carolina that was formed to educate & inspire communities to care for trees, especially those planted along the streets and trails. The Trees Coalition is an expansion of the Kudzu Coalition, a group that pioneered herbicide-free kudzu removal. We are a mix of volunteers and paid landscapers who train and work alongside neighborhoods, churches, and businesses to provide help in caring for their trees.
• To educate the community on the threats to and proper care of roadside, trail, park and green space trees.
• To engage the community in providing proper tree care, including the removal of invasive plants.
• To enhance community trees by hands-on activities to improve the health of our trees.
• We do NOT plant trees in new areas.
What We Do
• Educate neighborhoods, churches, businesses, and students regarding proper planting, pruning & mulching practices.
• Educate all on identification of and on removal of non-native invasives trees such as Tree of Heaven and Chinese Parasol
Tree; and vines such as ivy, kudzu, and wisteria; and shrubs such as privet, elaeagnus, and leather leaf mahonia with and without
• Offer kudzu removal education through Kudzu Kollege.
• Encourage completion of the Clemson Extension Tree Steward Class.
• Facilitate activities such as Trees parties to provide hands-on education and beautify local areas including gateways and
intersections throughout the community.
Please join us tomorrow evening, Friday, January 27 at 6:00 for a very lovely evening with happy hour and hors d’oeuvres, dinner, service, and beautiful music by the Gelfond Players. RSVP to the temple. We hope you will join us!
Hebrew School: Wednesday, January 25 at 3, 4, and 5:00 pm
Board Installation Dinner: Friday, January 27 beginning at 6:00 pm
Saturday Service: January 28 at 9:30 am
Sunday School: Sunday, January 29 Special Trip to Mt. Moriah. Leave at 9:15 am and return by 12:00 noon.
Temple Board Meeting: Sunday, January 29 at 10:00 am
January 17, 2017
We are sad to note the passing of longtime member Stanley Nabow. Our condolences go out to the entire family. The funeral will be held this Wednesday morning at 11 o’clock. More details will follow. Currently we are anticipating two mourner’s minyans in the evening at 7 o’clock Wednesday and Thursday at the home of Sandy and Robert Nabow with a concluding Minyan at services on Friday. I encourage one and all to please convey your condolences to the family.